21 December 2014

First Day of Winter!

Doesn't feel much like winter here right now... sunny and 40. But I think the Old Man is just trying to lull us into a false sense of security. I'm not fooled, and if you've been visiting for a while, you know that I use winter weather as an excuse a reason to stock up on everything--including stash! You don't want to be caught without those beads or that certain color of silk during a blizzard. That would be awful. So...

These are the materials for Just Nan's Snowfire Christmas, which I'm converting into a wedding sampler for us. I've made a few changes. I'll be stitching it on PTP Valor, and using silver beads instead of gold, and I've replaced a pinkish color with the DMC 777 you see in the picture. That gorgeous silk is Caron Waterlilies in Cherry. This will be a New Year's Day start.

I also picked up some cotton and a few buttons for a little winter freebie I want to stitch up pretty soon. The fiber is Caron Wildflowers--my favorite fiber EVER--in Evergreen. Isn't that tiny sheep so adorable?

A few other supplies for another winter project.

And here on the first day of winter, a little peek of spring. Sparkly lavender spotted fabric. Since I already had some sparkly pink spotted fabric, I had to have some of this, too. For those of you who are hyperventilating right now, it's from Fabric Flair!

Okay, winter. I'm ready.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You are really planning! Good for you, looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your Snowfire Christmas conversion.

    ReplyDelete