19 February 2015

A Walk in the Snow

We had a nice little snowstorm Monday night. It's been unusually cold here, and that extreme cold produced the most beautiful snowfall we've seen since we've been here. The snow was incredibly dry and powdery--almost gritty--and in the light from the street lamps it looked like silver glitter falling. This picture doesn't do it justice, but if you've never seen this kind of snow before, it gives you an idea of what it was like. Everything was covered in sparkles. 


As the sun was setting Tuesday evening, Mr. Wonderful and I went for a walk in the snow. We weren't the only ones who'd been walking.

Perfection:













I love winter.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of the "sparkly" snow. Just lovely to see but I don't enjoy living with it - fortunately we don't have any at the moment here in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful walk. I am glad you are enjoying yourself. I have lived my whole life here in Wisconsin. I love the looks of snow, but as I age, I do not enjoy winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! However, I'm tired of it. Wind chills are -35 today. I agree with Vickie ~ as I've gotten older I don't enjoy it so much. Never bothered me when I was younger! Love your initials in the snow. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful pictures. Love the R hearts S in the snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful photos you shared! If I didn't know better, I would have said you and Mr. Wonderful had been walking in my yard. I love winter, too!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures! We had that sparkly snow here, too, a week or so ago. So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a pretty snowfall. Is this the C & O Canal?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, love winter. We are tucked in for what the weather folks say will be a big snow for us. I just glanced out and noticed a few flakes are starting to fall.

    Beautiful photos...

    ReplyDelete