21 April 2015

Where have I been?

I sort of lost my mind last week and decided to completely re-arrange my sewing room. Never mind the fact that it was already a disaster, with three organizing projects already on-going and strewn all over the floor. Nope. Nothing would do but for me to move all the furniture. Because it's always so much easier to move furniture when the floor is covered with stuff. I plunged in. I didn't have to redecorate, as I was satisfied with that; I just didn't like the arrangement anymore. I'm proud to say I'm still alive, and I can see light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully, it's not a train. 

It's not finished yet, but it's back to being a usable space. I thought I would share a little peek at part of the new arrangement and at a few of my little treasures. 






















I'm way behind on my stitching for this month, but hopefully now that I've got this project under control I'll be able to settle down and catch up. I've got 4 stitchy projects that desperately need my attention.

Thanks for visiting! Hope you enjoyed this little glimpse of where Tiger Lily and I work our stitching magic!

16 comments:

  1. What a fabulous room you have! I bet it brings you a great deal of pleasure. Enjoy it!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like the perfect environment for producing wonderful works.
    Kay, in New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful room! It looks so calm and peaceful in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE it! Well-done!!! Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome space. So jealous. Have you been to Russia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have not been to Russia. My degree is in Political Science and my area of specialization was the Soviet Union/Eastern Europe. I had several years of Russian in college.

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful and cozy room! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful and cozy room! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's lovely! I feel like I should re-vamp mine now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great room! It looks so comfortable. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your fox sewing basket. Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The fox sewing basket came from Jo-Ann Fabrics, November 2013, so it's probably not available anymore. :O( Here's a better picture of it:

      http://www.thecopperfox.blogspot.com/2013/11/goodies.html

      Delete
  10. You have created a beautiful space! And all those little touches are just perfect. All your fox pieces are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi HB!
    Wow, your stitching room is SO cozy and warm feeling. You have added your lovely touches to it. Inviting and relaxing. Love your little bowl of stitched goodies. Tiger Lily has a nice perch there to look out the window at the birds.

    Hope everyone is doing well. We woke up this morning to 2" of snow. I had to dig out William's hat and gloves after I'd put them away.

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That looks stunning! What a great space full of such lovely stitching and trinkets.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous sewing room, very inviting. Wish I had one.

    ReplyDelete