02 August 2015

Still Misbehaving (a little)

First of all, I have to thank all of you who commented on my last post and encouraged me to keep stitching whatever I wanted. Y'all are as bad as I am! You know I'm supposed to be working on other stuff, but there y'all are, urging me to continue being bad. I took your advice and stitched up a quick little Christmas ornament that has been in my stash for a few years. This was a freebie from my LNS from Summer House Stitche Workes. I searched for it to see if it's still available, but I couldn't find it. If you'd really like to stitch it, perhaps you could try contacting the designer.

Right now I'm working on another small summer design, and then I need to get back to my "real" projects. I've been doing fairly well keeping up with them all year, and if I get too far off track I'll have a tough time getting back. If you're new to my blog, you can check out the labels on the right for Advent Animals, Snowfire Christmas, and Woodland Sampler and see the projects I'm talking about. 

I guess when you're working diligently on long-term projects or series, every now and then you have to have a little fling with something completely different. Thanks for the encouragement and the compliments on Simply Boo.

Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

  1. Love your Glad Tidings finish! Did you use the called for colors or substitute? They really pop on your chosen fabric.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, this was a kit from my LNS so the thread was included. I'm pretty sure it's what the design called for. The red is Weeks Garnet and the green is GAST Otter Creek. The white was included (GAST Chalk) but I just used DMC blanc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet, little stitch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable finish :-) Small starts don't count so you can do as many of those as you like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it looks like your 'little flings' didn't do any harm so maybe you can try it again and see if you can still get away with them! ;)

    I completely agree - little stitches in between the big ones are needed for most of us. No matter how much I love a big piece, it's always refreshing to take a break and stitch something quick. I find it helps keep perspective as long as (as you said) we don't stay away too long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Glad Tidings. It gives me the feel of busy London streets in the early 1900's, with women in their long dresses and stores with goods like in The Paradise. The door man might say, "Glad Tidings" to the patrons. It also reminds me of Tidings of Comfort and Joy which is my quest in life. My husband brings this back to the now by saying it is about Alabama's football program. Men!??

    ReplyDelete