21 May 2016

Finishing Spree: Operational Pause

Y'all, I have finished until I'm cross-eyed. I still have more finishes to show and to complete, but I'm taking a break for the weekend becaaaaaause...

My Valdani arrived! Look how scrumptious!

Remember that squirrel brain stuff about the SAL I'm hosting that I mentioned last week? (If you missed that, it's here.) Well, the fabric for my first choice, Fox Forest, has not arrived, but this Valdani is for my second choice, Garden Sampler. So. I must, MUST, MUST finish Snowfire Christmas before I begin Garden Sampler, so this weekend I'll be plodding through those last five snowflakes (keep me in your prayers) and then I'll be starting this gorgeous, gorgeous sampler. I'm excited! 

Hopefully I'll be able to get back to my finishing Monday or Tuesday of next week. I am determined to get through that finishing basket. And then there's the framing...

I'm going to be at this til June...

*sigh*

And just in case y'all were wondering where the Stitchy Supervisor has been during all of this, Tiger Lily has been on duty all week. This is my view from where I sit while I'm finishing. Here, she's monitoring bird and walking trail activity.

And here she is, taking a little break... but keeping a watchful eye on me.

Have a great weekend, y'all! 

8 comments:

  1. What gorgeous colours! Bet you can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The look on Tiger Lily's face is just priceless! Haha. Have fun fondling those Valdani's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those colors! I hope your weekend is productive. I am trying to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pattern and colors are fantastic. I can't wait to see you work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Tiger Lily's expression. What a lovely lot of threads! I will be interested in your opinion on the Valdanis. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, yum! Love the Valdani!!! Good luck to you and your snowflakes! They are my least favorite things to stith! Glad to see Tiger Lily on duty. She's very reliable keeping an eye on you and any intruders in the area! ;) Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful yummy colours, I can see why you can't wait to start :)

    ReplyDelete