30 November 2016

A VIP

This post contains a VIP... a Very Important Peek at something coming up. But first, business.

A finish for my fox Christmas tree and another installment in the Keeping Christmas Project! This is a design graciously sent to me by Bonnie in Canada. I stitched him in DMC on Fabric Flair natural w/ silver linen. Thanks again, Bonnie!

Speaking of Fabric Flair... 28 ct. Snow linen. Oh, and some new scissors. Fiskars 4" forged steel, these have a nice weight to them.

And, a Very Important (sneak) Peek at something in this year's Christmas Open House! 

Hmmm... what might we be making this year? Hint: it relates directly to my Keeping Christmas Project, and it's a fusion of two things, one very functional and one very whimsical. 

If you're new here and haven't investigated the labels in the right sidebar, you can click on the Christmas Open House (2014 & 2015) labels and see what this is all about. Each year I host an open house on my blog and share favorite recipes and other Christmasy stuff. The first year was all of my (to date) ornament finishes and last year was easy and inexpensive gifts for a stitcher (or yourself!). This year it's something I'm pretty sure you've never seen before... at least I haven't! Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, needle minder ornaments?? Or perhaps a needle minder garland? The sneak peek is adorable, Honeybee. Congratulations on your sweet fox finish! Very cool looking fabric and nice looking scissors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice fox finish! Love the snow linen. I look forward to your Christmas Open House and the mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for your Open House...it puts me in the Christmas spirit just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete