04 April 2017

Stitchapalooza: Day 2

You guys, look what arrived today from Robin in Virginia, just in time for Stitchapalooza! Aren't these beautiful? What a wonderful surprise! Thank you, Robin!

It was an absolutely beautiful spring day here on the East Coast, nearly 80 degrees. The hosta is loving the warm weather.

The perfect April sky. I had all the windows open today and it was glorious. 

I spent the morning doing some tiny baking. I made Strawberry Rolls using this recipe.

Look at that tiny lump of dough. Isn't that cute?

Yum! The recipe makes four, but I think next time I'll cut the rolls to make six. And because I tweak everything, not just cross stitch designs, I think I'll add a pinch of cinnamon to the dough and reduce the jam just a smidge, maybe to 1/3 cup. I have a couple left over for my breakfast tomorrow!

I'm making progress on my stitchy notebook. The front and back covers are ready to be sealed.

And here's the inside front cover. Those little circles are punched from Washi tape. This will be my table of contents when I get it finished. I plan to put a little piece of Washi tape on the edge of the pages to divide the sections.

I spent most of the day stitching, but I'll wait to show my progress until I'm a little further along. Finally, I just couldn't resist sharing one more sign of spring, even though the picture is a bit fuzzy because I had to zoom in. This is Gigantor, the groundhog who lives across the street (not to be confused with Henry, who lives out back). This is the first time I've seen him since last fall. Hi, Gigantor!

Yep. Now it's spring!

See y'all tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. You have made good progress on your stitching book, Honeybee. It looks like you had a successful tiny baking activity plus leftovers for breakfast. Cute groundhog in your neighborhood. Enjoy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful gifts from Robin. :) Your stitching book is looking super! Tiny baking looks fun and successful! Yum! Gigantor looks as big as OUR Henry!!

    ReplyDelete