28 September 2017

Color Work

I'm getting my fall project ready to go. I'll be stitching CEC's Playing with Jax, but I'll be using the alternative "Forest Pumpkin" as the center instead of the Jack-0-lantern. CEC offered the Forest Pumpkin chart as a freebie when Playing with Jax was released, but I've never seen it stitched, either as the center of Playing with Jax or by itself.

This is the silk for the leaves on Forest Pumpkin. 

I love the colors in this silk, so I decided to adjust the colors in the main chart to bring them a bit more in line with the silk. Here are the original colors, followed by my adjustments.


I substituted muted greens for all of the blues, toned down the bright berry colors, and pushed the lighter greys to beiges. 

We'll see how this works out. I plan to start it at the beginning of October.

11 comments:

  1. You have such a great sense of color. Hope you will post your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a newer or older chart? I've not seen this one before. One of the local shops refuse to carry them because the owner didn't like them (now out of business) and another occasionally brings them in (reluctantly).

    Thanks

    JM
    http://needleworkerssamplings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's several years old, and it's available here:

      http://www.123stitch.com/item/Cross-Eyed-Cricket-Playing-With-Jax-Cross-Stitch-Pattern/14-2436

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see what it looks like with the "forest pumpkin"! Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a perfect project to be working on this time of year. You've done a perfect job of changing the color palette to match. It will be beautiful when finished. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, beautiful threads!
    I mentioned you on my blog today, hope you don't mind!
    http://itsdaffycat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'll be $5, please. ;O) Thanks for the shout-out!

      Delete
  6. I love your changes, Honeybee. The silk variegated is simply gorgeous. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That silk will be perfect for leaves!! Looking forward to your project. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a gorgeous silk and you've chosen the perfect threads to compliment it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see this stitched with your floss changes.

    ReplyDelete