19 September 2017

New needle minders!

Gearing up for Christmas stitching... gotta have new needle minders!

These are new button packs from my favorite online button shop, Shelly's Buttons and More.

I am often asked about making needle minders, and I assure you, nothing could be easier. This is all you need: 
1) neodymium magnets--I get mine from Amazon. I get the combo packs of three different sizes: 6, 8, and 10 mm.
2) super glue--Use your favorite; I use Loctite Ultragel Control. It's thick so it doesn't run everywhere, and it comes in a bottle designed for easy control. (I always let the glue set overnight before using the second magnet.)
3) button shank remover--If you're using plastic buttons for anything, you need one of these. Available at Shelly's.

8 comments:

  1. Sweet new needle minders, Honeybee! Thanks for listing your supplies and the type of glue. Enjoy the rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing how you make these, I don't have a needleminder but I think it would be fun to make some. These buttons are adorable. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are very cute. I do agree a good magnet makes a world of difference.
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new needle minders Honeybee! I think the fox is adorable. I have been not able to post for some time as Irma took away our electricity for quite about a week and then when it came back the internet was still down. But, I'm so happy to be able to visit with my blogging friends once again. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I love your fabulous needle minders. So cute. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So simple for something that looks so good! I really must have a go soon :)

    ReplyDelete