09 September 2017

Saturday Sampler: Feels Like Fall Edition

Meteorological autumn (nerd alert!) began on 1 September, and right on cue, we have glorious fall weather here on the East Coast. I had all the windows open today, and have been stitching, watching college football, and baking. What could be better?




I also made this little wreath yesterday. I saw something similar on a home decor website and they wanted $80 for it (nope!). I think I made this one for about $25. The fox is from A.C. Moore.


And here's a bonus: a tiny, adorable frog! He was sitting on Mr. Wonderful's grill, so I had to move him to safety. He jumped onto my arm and promptly turned his back on the camera! Isn't he cute?


Happy fall, y'all!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Fall, Honeybee! We have been having fall-like temps here as well. I have been enjoying it. Your wreath looks fabulous especially with the fox front and center. Cute toad! Like your fall start; it is going to look super on your polka dot fabric. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the photo of the frog - it's adorable ( I just love frogs ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new fall stitching very much. Your wreath is fantastic! What a cute frog. We are loaded with toads of all sizes in our backyard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honeybee, I love your wreath!! I have to look for that fox at AcMoore, we indeed have being having great Fall weather early this year. Those cookies look so good too! Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic wreath. The fox is cute, of course, but my favorite part is the cotton bolls. I think your visitor is a toad but it's hard to tell. It would have been difficult to see how tiny he was if he hadn't jumped on your arm. I've tried making friends with my praying mantis visitors but they want nothing to do with me.

    ReplyDelete