25 October 2017

Joy, y'all.

Here's the latest news: Tiger Lily and I will be unsupervised for six weeks. Six. Weeks.

Now, many of you know, Mr. Wonderful is active duty military. This is not an unusual occurrence, nor is it an unusually long time to be separated. This is routine training and is nothing like a deployment (those are dreadful). But it is the longest we've been separated in quite a while, and the timing is... not so great. So, I was less than happy about this news. 

But, duty calls--both his and mine. His is to go, mine is to hold the fort. And if you've been here a while, you'll know that Tiger Lily and I hold the fort in a rather spectacular fashion (an example: Stitchapalooza). There is always lots of stitching, baking, crafting, finishing... all sorts of stuff. Though we try to make the most of it, I was feeling pretty gloomy about this one, so I decided my theme would be "joy." Lots of "joy" stitching. Yes.

I already had a "joy" project on my to-do list, and an on-going "joy" ornament set I'd started,  and one night I sat down with my 20-year collection of Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament magazines and added a few more "joy" ornaments to the pile. I've now got a to-do list of about 10 stitching projects, plus finishing projects, plus framing projects, not to mention big household projects I plan to tackle. Oh, and my Christmas Open House project, but that's a secret. 

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll be able to get everything done!





Mr. Wonderful leaves at the end of October and won't be back until early December, so come see what Tiger Lily and I get up to. 

11 comments:

  1. Your theme of Joy sounds just perfect Sara. I am glad for you and I look forward to watching this all unfold. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your theme of Joy and I know you will have a joy-filled adventure. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another military wife here...I can definitely relate. It has certainly toughened me up and made me more self-reliant. :) I love your choice of the Joy theme. I tend to gravitate toward the Joy designs in the JCS ornament issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize your husband is active military. God bless you both!! My dad was a Marine for 21 years and my son did 4 years with the Corps, including two deployments to Afghanistan. I know it isn't easy. All my very best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember those TDY's only too well. But, I think your Joy project will be a wonderful way to keep you busy and entertained and we will all love seeing the results. So happy Mr. Wonderful will be home for Christmas. That is the hardest time to be separated. Happy stitching. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I were never separated for more than 2 weeks at a time and that was when my children were little. I wish you joy in your stitching. It sounds like you have plenty to do to pass the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Joy stitches! Looking forward to all the Joy you and Miss Tiger Lily create! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't miss those days when my hubby was in the military. I am glad you have decided to focus on all of those "Joy" projects. It will be nice for him to return to a joy-filled home. I look forward to seeing lots and lots of pictures of your projects. Happy stitching! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on all your "Joy" projects, I look forward to seeing them unfold and I hope they keep you busy. All the best. Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a more than wonderful attitude about a less than desirable situation. I hope all of us can keep you company while you share what you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The independent side of me thinks, “Ooo, six weeks!” Then the 30+ years-married me thinks, “OMG six weeks!” I hope it goes by without a hitch! The Joy ornaments are a wonderful idea. I look forward to seeing them!

    ReplyDelete