10 October 2017

Sunday Mystery Sampler is FINISHED!


Finally! I finished it! I haven't worked on this since January, but I was determined to get it done over this past holiday weekend. If you're new around here and want to catch up on the saga of this sampler, just click on the Sunday Mystery Sampler label. For a quick re-cap: I was breezing along on this Plum Street Samplers freebie (available here) until I got to the Eighth Day, when I decided to go my own way. I did my own thing on days 8, 9, 10, and 12, and it took me a while to decide what I wanted on days 10 and 12, thus the delay in finishing it. Once I had 10 and 12 charted, I decided I wanted more symmetry on day 9, so I did a partial redesign on what I had originally stitched.

"Lords a-leaping" always reminds me of Highland dancing, so I chose to use some thistles to represent that idea in the block for the Tenth Day. The blossoms are Caron Wildfowers in Iris.



This sampler is stitched with Caron Wildflowers (border is DMC 938) on 28 ct. Natural/Brown Undyed linen from Wichelt. All of my color choices for the blocks stitched as designed by PSS are in the posts showing the finishes of those blocks.

14 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful. You have such a great sense of color. Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your finish, Honeybee! It is beyond gorgeous and I really like how you made it yours and tweaked the blocks. As always, your color choices are fabulous. Well done! What's next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! Congrats for doing your own thing as well as your finish.

    JHM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! I love it! So very, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finish! Had to look up the charts to see your changes - I like them very much and think using the 12th day block as your sampler record was an inspired idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! I love it. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you have stitched this Honeybee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It turned out great!
    I love all of the colors.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sampler. Great color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll just chime in with the chorus ... the colors are beautiful. Soft and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your adaption of 12 Days! The colours are gorgeous! Well done on your finish :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your adaptation is wonderful! I really like the way you have avoided the repetitive stitching in the later blocks.
    I always think of the House of Lords when I hear Lords a Leaping and imagine them in their long ermine robes LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful finish! You must be really pleased with it :)

    ReplyDelete