27 November 2017

Things That Have Come to My House

Lots of deliveries at the Wonderful household recently. In addition to the sweet babies from my mom that I showed in my last post...

Flowers from Mr. Wonderful to mark the halfway point.

Thanksgiving cookies from my mom and dad.

The new DMC colors.


Very happy with all these new colors, especially the greys/browns, and the purples below. In my opinion, the DMC range has been in need of more of these shades for a long time.


I picked up this pretty box at a pre-Thanksgiving Jo Ann Fabrics sale.

And also found this sparkly little guy. He's too big for a needle minder, but just right for a chart magnet.

Here's my latest Joy finish. This is from the 2015 Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament issue, stitched on 28 ct. Straw Gingham linen from Weeks. I used CC Cherry Cobbler for the red, added some GAST Brandy to add some warmth to the lantern, and stitched the bottom in the snowflake/beard color instead of the color suggested.

This is a better representation of the fabric color... sort of gingerbread-y.

Bonus Tiger Lily, in her cozy winter basket!

11 comments:

  1. Where to start? What a beautiful bouquet from Mr. Wonderful to mark the halfway point! Just gorgeous! The cookies look so scrumptious. Lovely new threads and I totally agree with you on the grays and purples. Your fox pair makes me smile as does the picture of Miss Tiger Lily. Way to go on your latest Joy finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new thread colours look good, sometimes it's hard to find just the right shade even when the choice is quite good. The fox box is very nice indeed - a really pretty design. Tiger Lily looks so relaxed and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are beautiful! The cookies look amazing
    And it is about time for new dmc colors. And thank you for a
    Tiger lily bonus! I love seeing her.
    Hope your holidays are wonderful
    Enjoy your evening
    Darlene N

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flowers!! How sweet of him. Hope you're making it okay - not much longer until your honey comes home.

    I got my new DMC colors, too - how exciting. They filled in some gaps in the line, finally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful gifts you received and treated yourself too!! Flower colors are beautiful and did your parents bake the cookies? They looks so good. Great find on your fox box and the Santa stitch is Joyful!! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous bouquet! Oh those cookies! Those DMC colors are fab. Your Santa finish is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful bouquet!
    And those DMC colors are gorgeous. May have to order those.
    And those cookies look extra yummy!
    Love the santa. I have him stitched but not sure how to finish him???
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fun deliveries you've had at your home!! And I love that new Santa on the fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have had some wonderful deliveries at your house. I love that box of floss!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see how Mr. Wonderful got his name. I do think your Mom deserves the name Mom Wonderful as well. She sure sends you such great things. I love your fox box and boy is it perfect for you. Your Santa looks great on the plaid linen. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tiger Lily looks so cosy! I'm pleased you've been getting lots of goodies, I love getting exciting post :)

    ReplyDelete