03 December 2017

Another Joy Finish

Here's a small winter sampler ornament from the 2009 Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament issue that I converted into a JOY project just by stitching the letters J, O, and Y in a different color. 


This is stitched on 28 ct. mystery linen with DMC Blanc, GAST Country Redwood and Juniper, and CC Cocoa Bean.

Mr. Wonderful will be home in about a week. Tiger Lily and I have a busy week ahead getting ready for the homecoming. And I'm hard at work on this year's Christmas Open House project. You may have noticed that I added a few navigation tabs right under the header picture. All my labels are listed in the right sidebar, but I chose a few of the ones I'm asked the most questions about and put them at the top to make them more visible. If you haven't checked them out, I invite you to brew a cup of tea, relax, and browse around. I put a lot of effort into my tutorials in the hope that I'll be able to share something useful, expand the craft, and keep as many designers in business as possible!

9 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC idea to make the letters of joy a different color. And I really like the stitch too. One week will go by quickly. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honeybee, I love your JOY sampler. I need to pull out that issue and mark it for 2018. Thank you for adding the tabs at the top under the blog header. Will check them out tomorrow. I am looking forward to this year's Open House.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nifty idea for that sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to make j-o-y different colors. Cute sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty finish! I'll be checking out your tabs at the top. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As one who has searched your blog for exactly these very things (Christmas Open House and tutorials), thank you!

    One more week, not many days left. Your comment reminded me of the movie "The Homecoming"...have you ever seen it? Charming, in a strange sort of way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I love your idea of stitching the letters of JOY in red. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete